To create an event:
- From your Home Page, click See More to the left.
- Click Events.
- Click + Create Event to the right.
- Choose your privacy settings and fill in the event name, details, location and time. Keep in mind that you must include an event name.
- Click Create.
- To add people to the guest list click Invite. Check or search for the names of the people you want to invite, then click Send Invites.
To create an event for a group:
- From the group, click More.
- Click Events, then click + Create Event.
- Fill in the event name, location, description and time, and choose your privacy settings. Keep in mind that you'll need to include an event name.
- Choose if you'd like to invite all members of the group.
- Click Create.
You'll be taken to your event where you can share posts, upload photos, invite more guests and edit event details.
For community events:
- Go to the event and click See All next to Who's going?.
- Click Going or Interested to see who's responded, or click Invited to see the guest list.
For private events:
- Go to the event and click See All next to Guests.
- Click Going, Maybe or Can't Go to see who's responded, or click Invited to see who has not yet responded.
Your event's privacy settings depend on the type of event you've created and how you created the event. Keep in mind that you can't amend an event's privacy settings after you've created it.
- Only invited guests can see details of a private event.
- You can choose to let guests invite other coworkers to a private event.
- A private event is created outside of a group.
- If the private event url is shared with users who haven't been invited to the event, the link will appear as a broken link or an unavailable attachment.
- An open event is open to all users in a company's community.
- Open events can be shared with other people in the community.
Event Created in a Group
- An event created in a group adopts the group's privacy settings. For example, an event created in an open group would be an open event.
- The sharing feature is only available in open group events.
To add a cover photo to an event as the host:
- Click Edit event from the event.
- Click Upload Cover Photo. For best results, choose photos that are 1200x628 pixels (about a 2:1 ratio).
- Choose your photo and reposition it if you like, then click Save.
Note: Keep in mind that you can't edit the size of a main photo after it's been added to an event. If this is a public event, anyone who views the event can see its photos or videos. Photos and videos posted on private events are only visible to people who were invited.
If your event has multiple dates, you can create a recurring event for your group.
To create a recurring event for your group when you're logged into Workplace from your computer:
- Go to your group and click More, then click Events.
- Click Create Event at the top of your group's timeline.
- Add an event cover photo, then enter your event's name and location.
- Click Schedule Multiple Events.
- Click Frequency and select whether you'd like your event to occur daily or weekly. You can also create a custom event frequency:
- Click Custom and select the dates on the calendar that your event occurs.
- Once you've selected the calendar dates, click +Add Time to add start and end times for each date. You can also click to check Add this time to all dates if your event is at the same time for each date. Click Add.
- When you've finished adding start and end times, click Done.
- Add other details about your event.
- Click Create.
Keep in mind that events are limited to recurring 52 times, and location and timezone can't be edited once an event has started.
Only the event host can add more hosts to their event.
To add a co-host:
- Click Edit event at the top right of the event.
- Click Add Co-Hosts, then click where it says Co-hosts and enter their names.
- Click Confirm.
Hosts and co-hosts can invite more people to an event and edit event details. When you create an event, you're automatically listed as the host.
Coworkers you invite to co-host your event won't be sent a request and will automatically become admins of your event if they RSVP as Interested or Going.
If you're the host of an event, you can invite coworkers to it. When you create an event, you're automatically listed as a host.
To invite people to a private or community event:
- From the event, click Invite in the top right.
- Search for and select coworkers to invite, then click Send Invites.
You can invite up to 250 coworkers to an event. If you're the admin of a group, you can invite up to 5,000 coworkers to an event.
You can share an event in a group or message so more people can see it. You can also invite your coworkers to an event.
To share a community event:
- From your News Feed, click Events at the left. You may have to click See More.
- Click the event you'd like to share.
- To the top right, click Share.
- Select Share as Post, Share to a Group or Share in Workplace Chat. You can also copy the event's URL and paste it into a post or message.
Note: To share a private event, invite your coworkers to the event. Only coworkers that have been invited will be able to view or join it.
You can export events from Workplace into calendar programs like Apple Calendar, Microsoft Outlook and Google Calendar.
To export all of your upcoming events:
- Click See More from the Home panel to the left.
- Click Events.
- Click in the top right, then click Add to your calendar.
- Click Copy, and add the calendar link to your calendar software.
You can also sync your Workplace events with Outlook and Gmail. Events will be sent to you as an attachment. This will ensure that the event is added to your calendar. You can then accept or decline, similar to any other meeting invite.