Join your colleagues on Workplace and collaborate using Groups, Chat, Rooms, live video broadcasting and more. Visit the new user guide for more tips on how to get the most out of your time on Workplace.
To log into your Workplace account:
- From your Workplace URL, enter your work email and click Continue.
- Enter your Password.
- Click Log In.
If you'd like to set up Workplace Advanced for your company, you can sign up on our website. There's no limit to the number of people you can have in your Workplace community.
If your company is already using Workplace Advanced, you can set up your account by clicking the link in the email you've received or by visiting [YourCompanyName].workplace.com (example: company.workplace.com) from your computer.
Note: Users in companies without subdomains can set up their accounts by visiting workplace.facebook.com.
Once you've set up your account, you can download the iPhone or Android app to access it from your devices.
If you've been given a Workplace access code, you can access your new Workplace account straight away.
To access your Workplace account:
- Go to work.workplace.com/work/accesscode or download the Workplace or Workplace Chat apps from the iOS App Store or Google Play Store.
- On the login screen, click or tap Create account with Access Code.
- Enter the 16 character access code you were provided.
- Set a unique username and password; you'll now use it to login to Workplace. Once this is set, you'll now have access to Workplace.
Yes, username and password credentials chosen by users in Workplace are unique to Workplace, and separate to any passwords they may use on Facebook.
If you use a public email domain:
- Admins of Workplace can provision you to their Workplace community.
- Members of multi-company groups can invite you to their groups.
Note: We're rolling out public email domain signups gradually.
You can only create a Workplace account using a private email domain belonging to a specific individual. Keep in mind the email domain can't have already been claimed by another Workplace community.
You can't sign up for Workplace using a public email domain, such as gmail.com and yahoo.com, etc. You also can't sign up for Workplace using a generic email address, such as info@, admin@, sales@, etc.
This article is only applicable to users of Workplace Advanced.
If you get an error saying your domain is taken, this could mean that your suggested domain is already being used by another company, or that you're trying to add a public domain. If you believe this is a mistake and can prove ownership of the domain, please contact our support team for help.
Note: You can allowlist an email domain by accessing your Admin Panel. Only company admins can allowlist an email domain.